March 24, 2020
At Aspire Residential we take the health and wellbeing of tenants seriously. If you are renting a property through us, we ask that you follow the operational guidelines presented below. Following these procedures will ensure that together, we can play our part in stopping the coronavirus spreading and help protect you, your landlord, contractors and our staff from infection. These procedures will remain in place until further notice.
- If you think that you are going to be unable to make a rental payment because of circumstances relating to the outbreak of the coronavirus, then please contact us as soon as possible so we can help you manage through these challenging times.
- We would ask that any non-essential repair and maintenance work for your property be deferred. Please continue to report repairs and maintenance to us via e mail or phone call. We will discuss the matter with you and your landlord and determine if the work requires urgent attention or can be deferred to a later date.
- It is critical that you make yourself familiar with the location and the operation of the water, electricity and gas isolators for the property that you are renting in case you need to use them in an emergency. These details should be included in your tenant toolkit. If you cannot find any of the isolators or you are unsure how they work, then please contact us for further instructions.
- Should it be determined that repairs or maintenance of the property are urgent, then we will make appropriate arrangements for the work to be undertaken in a way that safeguards your health and that of the contractor performing the work. Should you have an urgent repair or maintenance requirement “out of hours”, then please continue to follow instructions previously issued to you.
- If you live in a block of flats, please pay particular attention to common areas, lifts, stairs etc. Always wash or gel your hands after being in the common areas of buildings. Do not spend longer in the common areas of buildings than you need to. Do not let children play in common areas.
- Routine property inspections will be ceased until further notice. However, where we are legally required to undertake inspections for purposes of issuing gas safety certificates etc, then we will contact you to make suitable arrangements.
- If you have a vulnerable person living at the property that you rent from us, then please advise us so that we can update our records and take this into account when arranging essential repairs, gas inspections etc.
- If you become unwell or suspect that you have contracted COVID 19, then please advise immediately.
- If you are living alone and self-isolating and you require assistance in any matter such as obtaining medical prescriptions, shopping, smart meter top ups, then please feel free to contact us and we will do what ever we can to help you.
Please stay safe and healthy in your home and thanks for helping us stop the spread of COVID 19.
The team at Aspire Residential